What is Solar Energy?
Photovoltaic solar energy is a type of renewable energy. It reduces dependence on polluting fuel sources such as nuclear or thermal energy.
Apart from its obvious environmental benefit, solar energy has unlimited characteristics, contrary to other energy sources such as oil or coal. The use of photovoltaic solar energy contributes to the reduction of consumption and dependence on fossil fuels, in turn reducing the emissions of combustion gases and the greenhouse effect.
Unlike fossil fuels which are consumed at a much higher rate than they are produced, solar energy, is a source of sustainable energy which is produced by the sun.
Photovoltaic installations guarantee an economical, reliable and adequate solution for each case study.
Self-consumption: the best energy solution
Photovoltaic solar energy is the electrical energy that is obtained directly from the sun. The solar panels are formed by photovoltaic cells that are responsible for transforming solar energy into electricity
1. Solar Power is pollution free and causes no greenhouse gases to be emitted after installation
2. Reduced dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels
3. Renewable clean power that is available every day of the year, even cloudy days produce some power
4. Return on investment unlike paying for utility bills
5. Virtually no maintenance as solar panels last over 30 years
6. Excess power can be sold back to the power company if grid intertied
7. Solar can be used to heat water, power homes and building, even power cars
The new regulation of the electricity sector in Spain, its high solar radiation and the significant cost reduction of the major components of photovoltaic solar energy systems, has initiated the second era for developing economically sustainable photovoltaic (PV) projects.
The PV projects no longer require government subsidies and users can sell the electricity produced at current market prices with attractive long-term return to investors.
Long-term solar leasing can be a very attractive option for farmers and other landowners seeking a fixed and secure return on their land without worry.
Spain is the ideal country in Europe to build utility-scale PV farms for several reasons: high solar radiation conditions, existing high-quality grid infrastructure, land availability, stable political and economic environment; and wide political and popular support. In addition, increasing international electricity connections will make Spain the main solar energy factory of Europe in the future.